Cherry plum, which is the main ingredient in tkemali, does not grow in all regions. But no less delicious sauce can be made from ordinary apples. This is done very quickly and easily. You do not need extra expensive products for this. The result is an excellent sauce that perfectly complements meat dishes and various side dishes. Below we take a look at an excellent apple-based tkemali recipe.
Apple tkemali recipe
For such a delicious preparation for the winter, you will need the following ingredients:
- two kilograms of green apples;
- 4 or 5 cloves of garlic;
- one bunch of greens (parsley, dill and cilantro);
- half a kilo of sweet bell pepper;
- two glasses of water.
- The first step is to prepare the apples. Green apples with a sour taste are chosen for the sauce. The Antonovka variety is perfect. Then they need to be washed, peeled, and the stem and core removed.
- After that, the apples are poured into an enamel pan and poured over with cold water. Bring them to a boil over low heat. Then the container is removed from the stove and the apples are mashed with a crush. You can also use a blender.
- Now proceed to the remaining ingredients. Garlic must be peeled and washed. Next, the greens are washed and chopped. Then you should thoroughly wash and clear the bell pepper from seeds. For spice, you can add a little bitter pepper. Now all the prepared ingredients are poured into the blender bowl and grind well.
- Now put the applesauce on the stove again and bring to a boil. After that, you can safely add chopped vegetables and herbs. In this form, the sauce is cooked for another 10 minutes.
- A minute before cooking, salt and granulated sugar are added to the sauce and taste.
- Tkemali is completely ready, it can be cooled and served. You can also roll up the prepared sauce for the winter. For this, cans and lids are prepared. They are washed and sterilized. The sauce is poured while still hot and immediately covered with lids. Screw metal covers can be used for this.
You can also add a small amount of vegetable oil to the preparation for the winter. This is done before pouring the tkemali into the jars. This sauce turns out to be more liquid and is perfect as an additive for meat dishes. Undiluted tkemali has a thick consistency and can be used as an independent full-fledged side dish.
Advice! It is best to roll the sauce into small jars so that you can use it all at once. Tkemali loses its taste during open storage.
The rolled up cans are turned over and wrapped in a blanket. In this form, the sauce stands until it cools completely. Prescribed blanks can be stored in a cellar or even at room temperature for at least 6 months. It can be applied in a variety of ways. Some use it as a sauce for meat, others make soups and stews on its basis. Someone simply spreads tkemali on fresh bread and eats it along with fried potatoes or porridge. You can also add other ingredients to the finished tkemali made according to this recipe for a more complex and savory sauce.
Tkemali is a very tasty and aromatic sauce that can be prepared from the most unusual fruits and berries. In this article, we were able to see a recipe for a blank with apples. We are sure that you and your family will like this cooking option.