Champignons are one of the well-known and sought-after species. Distributed in the wild, they are also grown artificially for commercial purposes. Fruit bodies are distinguished by high nutritional value, versatile in processing. They are harvested for the winter, soup is made, and pie fillings are made. Fried champignons with onions is the simplest and most popular recipe.
Meadow mushrooms are considered the most common in the wild.
How to fry mushrooms with onions in a pan
Suitable for cooking forest mushrooms and purchased in the store. When buying a product, pay attention to the presentation and the date of collection. Good quality champignons have a solid whitish color without dark spots and soft areas on the surface. A fresh product in its raw form has practically no aroma; if the product has a smell, it is better to refuse to purchase. The aroma manifests itself in fried mushrooms.
Specimens grown in natural conditions are characterized by a more pronounced smell and taste. Harvest in late summer. Only young specimens are used for food, overripe for cooking are not suitable, since they have an unpleasant smell of decomposing protein, and toxic compounds are present in the chemical composition.
Fruit bodies of approximately the same size, with a cut off stem, go on sale. Forest representatives require processing before use:
- Cut off the lower part of the leg with fragments of mycelium or soil remains.
- In adult specimens, the protective film is removed from the cap, there is bitterness in its taste, the young are left in their natural form.
- Fruiting bodies do not contain burning milky juice, so they do not need to be soaked for a long time. To remove possible insects from the pulp, the mushrooms are immersed in a weakly concentrated solution of salt and citric acid for 20 minutes.
- Then they wash under the tap and remove excess moisture.
Carefully revise, if there are affected or damaged areas, they must be removed.
Attention! When collecting, do not take specimens that raise doubts about belonging to the species. Champignon looks like a pale toadstool, which is deadly to humans.
Fried mushrooms are cooked in a non-stick or double-bottomed pan.
For cooking, use any oil, if the recipe provides for vegetable oil, it is better to take olive or nut oil.
What to fry first: onions or mushrooms
The species is characterized by a rich chemical composition, which includes vitamins and substances useful for the body. Fruit bodies can be eaten not only fried or otherwise processed, but also raw. With prolonged hot processing, some of the useful components are lost. Therefore, fried mushrooms with onions in a pan are cooked in a certain order of the bookmarks. First, the onion is sautéed, then the mushroom preparation is added to it.
How much to fry mushrooms in a pan with onions
After cutting the fruit bodies, put a frying pan with oil on the stove and spread the chopped onions. It is sautéed until yellowish and soft, which takes 10 minutes.
The dish, prepared in a traditional way, has a delicate taste and a pleasant mushroom aroma.
Then put mushroom slices into the pan and increase the temperature. Fruit bodies will gradually give up water, it turns out that they are boiled in their own juice. The evaporation time of the liquid depends on the volume of the raw material, in a medium frying pan it will take about 15 minutes. Fry the pieces until golden brown for 5 minutes. In total, it takes 30-35 minutes from the moment the pan is put on the stove until the product is ready.
The classic recipe for mushrooms fried with onions
In the classic recipe, there are no recommendations for the dosage of ingredients; fried mushrooms are prepared only with onions. The amount of vegetables is taken at the discretion of whoever likes it. Salt is also used for gastronomic preferences. Cooked in vegetable oil.
The recipe provides for the following points:
- Put the pan on the stove and add oil, set the medium mode.
- Peel off the onion and shape it into thin half rings.
- When the oil warms up until it crackles, pour the onion into the pan, stew until soft, the time depends on the amount of vegetable and the volume of the container.
- Fruit bodies, processed and without moisture, are molded into longitudinal pieces 2 cm wide.
- Add mushroom slices to the pan, increase the mode.
- Fruit bodies will let out juice. Mushrooms are kept on fire until the liquid evaporates.
- The mode is lowered, brought to a golden color, constantly stirring and not closing the lid.
After evaporation of the juice, fried mushrooms are cooked for no more than 5 minutes.
How to cook fresh champignons fried with onions and herbs
Take any greens that they are used to using in cooking. To taste, fried champignons go well with parsley or dill. If it is not possible to use a fresh ingredient, it is replaced with a dried one, but the taste will be different.
- onion - 1 pc. medium size;
- fruit bodies - 500 g;
- greens, salt to taste;
- oil - 2 tbsp. l. as much as possible, the dosage is free.
Cooking technology for fried champignons with onions:
- Fruit bodies are cut into longitudinal plates.
- They chop the onion, the shape does not matter.
- Saute the vegetable in a frying pan with hot oil until soft.
- Pour the mushroom blank into the frying dish for the onion.
- After evaporation of water, salt, stir and cover the pan, set the minimum mode, cook for another 7 minutes.
Cut fresh herbs, pour into the fried product. If the component is in dried form, it is introduced immediately after the liquid has evaporated.
How to fry frozen mushrooms with onions
Of the methods of winter harvesting, freezing is often used. The semi-finished product has already been processed before being placed in the freezer. The preparatory work before frying has its own nuances:
- the workpiece is thawed in stages;
- it is advisable to take the required amount of frozen product, since it cannot be sent for storage again;
- the package or container from the freezer is pre-rearranged on the refrigerator shelf;
- after 5-6 hours, take it out of the package and put it in a saucepan;
- by the time of cooking, the fruiting bodies must completely thaw.
Important! You cannot defrost a semi-finished product in water, mushrooms do not like contrasting temperatures.
For example, the practice of thawing in the microwave is not acceptable for this type of product.
When the workpiece heats up to room temperature, it is immediately used, it is not necessary to wash it. These are conditions for self-frozen raw materials, a semi-finished product purchased in a store is poured into a bowl and left in the kitchen for gradual defrosting, then it is better to rinse the mushrooms and remove moisture with a kitchen napkin.
Then they cook according to any recipe with a set of the desired ingredients. The processing technology and taste of fried champignons after defrosting does not differ from fresh ones.
In mushroom dishes, green onions are often used along with onions.
How to fry mushrooms with onions and carrots
With this method of preparation, the dish will consist of the following set of components:
- carrots - 1 pc. small size;
- fruiting bodies - 1 kg;
- onions - 2 pcs.;
- oil - 50 ml;
- salt to taste;
- you can add ground allspice.
For processing, take a frying pan with high edges so that the liquid does not flow onto the stove.
The dosage of vegetables suggested by the recipe can be changed up or down.
Component preparation and preparation:
- Remove the top shell from the carrots, wash, remove the water with a napkin. Cut into strips or use a grater with large cells. You can use the Korean style carrot attachment.
- Fruit bodies are formed into large pieces, if the caps are small, they can be cut into 4 pieces.
- Medium or small onion heads are chopped into rings, larger ones in half rings.
- In a frying pan with oil, bring the onion to a semi-soft state, after heating the container on medium mode, it will take about 5 minutes.
- Pour carrots, and constantly stirring, stand for another 5 minutes.
- The mushrooms are loaded next.
- The temperature is increased, while the mushroom blank will be filled with liquid.
- The water is evaporated completely, stirring the mass from time to time.
Advice! If there is not enough oil, it is topped up and the product is cooked for 5-7 minutes.
Champignons, whole fried with onions
Mushrooms cooked whole are juicy, because during heat treatment, the liquid does not completely evaporate, but remains inside.
Small pieces are suitable for the recipe.
Artificially grown on the shelves come with a short stem, according to this principle, you can process forest mushrooms, cutting off the stem to the cap.
To cook fried mushrooms, take:
- fruit bodies - 500 g;
- oil - 30-50 ml,
- salt to taste;
- onion - 1 head;
- dill (green) - 3-4 branches.
- Finely chopped onion is sautéed in a frying pan with butter until cooked.
- Put the hats, salt, fry (covered) on one side for 4 minutes.
- Then the caps are turned over, and the same time is spent on frying on the other side.
Finely chop the dill and sprinkle the fried dish on top.
Fried champignons with onions for soups
You can make a semi-finished product to add to mushroom soup. The remaining piece can be placed in a container or jar, closed and refrigerated for the next preparation.
Roast for 4 servings:
- allspice, salt - to taste;
- mushrooms - 350 g (you can take more);
- onion - 1 pc.;
- greens - optional;
- flour - 2 tbsp. l.
- The onion is chopped into small cubes.
- Fruit bodies - into small square parts.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and put onions, stand until half cooked.
- Pour the mushroom blank, salt, fry for 10 minutes.
- Flour is diluted in 200 g of water and the fry is poured, after 3 minutes. boil add pepper and herbs.
Important! If you like the light broth in the mushroom soup, you can skip the flour from the ingredients set.
The amount of the product depends on how many servings the first course is intended for.
How to fry mushrooms in a pan with onions for filling
As well as frying for soup, you can prepare for future use or use the filling on the day of preparation for a number of products:
During cooking, add a portion of potatoes, rice or meat to the mushroom filling, depending on the requirements of the recipe. If the semi-finished product remains, it is placed in the refrigerator until next use.
- champignons - 0.5 kg;
- salt - ½ tsp;
- oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
- ground pepper (black) - 1 pinch.
Fried champignons are prepared according to the following recipe:
- Cut the mushrooms into cubes of about 2 * 2 cm.
- Spread on a dry hot non-stick frying pan.
- Fry at maximum setting.
- When the slicing has released a large amount of juice, it is drained.
- Return the product to the plate and incubate until the water has completely evaporated.
- Add oil, cook for 3 minutes.
At the end of the process, the product is salted and sprinkled with pepper.
How to fry mushrooms in cubes with onions
Ingredients of the recipe:
- fruit bodies - 600 g;
- oil - 50 ml;
- onions - 200 g.
- The champignons are cut into two parts, then each of them is also cut in half to form medium-sized cubes.
- The onions are peeled and dipped in cold water so as not to irritate the eyes when molding. Cut into cubes slightly smaller than the mushrooms
- Saute the onion in a frying pan with oil on medium mode until golden brown, add salt.
- Pour mushroom slices, raise the temperature, when the product releases liquid, adjust the taste for salt.
When the dish is left without juice, fry for another 4 minutes.
How to fry mushrooms in slices and onions in a pan
The cooking process does not differ from the previous recipe. Only parts of the workpiece will be of a different shape. Onions of medium size are chopped into rings, if the head is large, it is divided in half and thinly sliced. The fruiting bodies are also divided into two parts, placed in a cut on a cutting board and shaped across the slices. First, onions are sautéed in a frying pan, then mushrooms are added to the fried vegetable.
How to fry mushrooms in a pan with onions in butter
The recipe uses the following ingredients:
- onion - 1 pc.;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- butter - 150 g;
- champignons - 700 g;
- parsley, ground pepper;
- Fruiting bodies are formed into arbitrary, but not too small parts.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Garlic is pressed in any way possible.
- In a frying pan with melted creamy product, first saute the onion until cooked, add garlic, keep on medium mode for 5 minutes.
- Mushroom slices are sent to the pan for vegetables, the liquid is evaporated and fried until light yellow, salt and pepper.
They eat fried mushrooms (sprinkled with parsley) hot.
How to cook fried champignons with onions and Provencal herbs
A fried dish with the addition of spicy components turns out to be aromatic and tasty.
The addition of herbs gives the fried mushrooms a spicy flavor
The smell of mushrooms is harmoniously combined with Provencal herbs, which are included in the recipe with a set of components:
- butter - 50 g;
- olive, preferably nutty - 50 g;
- mushrooms - 600 g;
- onion - 1 pc.;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- Provencal herbs - 1 tsp;
- greens - 1 small bunch.
- Onion, cut into half rings, is sautéed in a hot frying pan with the addition of nut butter.
- Pour the fruit bodies formed by the slices into the fried vegetable. To quickly evaporate moisture, do not close the lid.
- When there is no juice left in the pan, add crushed garlic and butter, fry until half cooked, salt.
- Before removing from the stove, add Provencal herbs and cover with a lid.
Sprinkle with herbs before serving.
The recipe for fried mushrooms with onions in the oven
Cooking does not take much time, the set of products is minimal: 500 g of mushrooms and 1 onion. Champignons are no worse than fried in a pan, but there is no need to do everything in stages.
- The oven is heated to 180 0C.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil.
- They put mushrooms, large ones are cut into two parts, small ones are used whole.
- Pour onion shredded in half rings on top.
- The workpiece is salted and placed in the oven.
Cook for 25 minutes, stir twice.
How to deliciously fry mushrooms in a pan with onions in lard
- lard - 70 g;
- fruiting bodies - 400 g;
- onion - 1 pc.;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- a mixture of peppers - optional;
- salt to taste.
- The bacon is finely chopped, fried in a pan, the greaves are removed.
- Add chopped onion and crushed garlic to the container, cook for 7 minutes.
- Fruit bodies are molded into plates, temperature is added, mushroom slices are fried for 3 minutes on each side, and salted during cooking.
Pepper is added before being ready. Serve hot.
Champignons fried with onions in a slow cooker
Algorithm for cooking mushrooms fried in a slow cooker:
- A little oil is poured into the bottom of the bowl.
- They put on the "Fry" mode, having programmed the timer time for 25 minutes.
- Pour the onion, fry for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms molded by slices, mix, cover.
- After 10 minutes, the lid is opened, the product is stirred, salted and spices are added.
- After 5 minutes, the lid is opened to evaporate the juice.
After 25 minutes, the fried dish will be ready.
Fried mushrooms with onions cook quickly. Mushroom bodies do not react well to prolonged hot processing, become dry, lose their taste.To diversify the dish, add carrots, garlic, cook in vegetable or butter. Delicious dishes are obtained from the oven or fried in a slow cooker.