We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Tatar eggplants for the winter are a delicious spicy preparation, with the help of which each housewife can diversify the menu of her loved ones. Lovers of spicy dishes like preservation. Vegetables contain trace elements and vitamins, their presence in the diet makes it more useful. But in the preparation of them there are features that you need to be aware of.
The subtleties of cooking eggplant in Tatar style
The recipe for blue tartar salad for the winter is a vegetable dish with the addition of sweet pepper. To add a piquant taste, the appetizer is complemented with garlic and hot pepper. Everyone can independently regulate how sharp the preservation will turn out. But the main ingredient of the Tatar recipe is eggplant. Experienced housewives know how to choose the best vegetables for a snack and prepare them correctly.
Vegetable selection rules
Eggplants must meet the following requirements:
- be of medium size;
- have an oblong oval shape;
- be elastic;
- have no damage, rot.
For a Tatar eggplant recipe in tomato sauce, you can use both tomatoes and paste diluted with water
If young eggplants with a delicate skin are used for preservation, it does not need to be removed. Mature specimens have a rougher rind. They should be peeled before preparing the snack to prevent it from being bitter. It is not recommended to take overripe vegetables for the Tatar salad, otherwise, due to the large number of large seeds, the dish will turn out to be loose and bitter.
Advice! Before cooking eggplant, you need to get rid of the bitterness. To do this, the vegetables should be pierced in several places and sprinkled with salt.
There are other ways to get rid of their bitter taste:
To store the workpieces, take glass jars, check in advance that there are no chips or cracks on them. Then they are prepared as follows:
- The container and lids are thoroughly washed inside and out with a sponge and soapy water or detergent.
- Rinse with cool water several times to rinse off dirt and foam residues.
- Sterilized in a water bath or using a double boiler, in any convenient way.
- The lids are treated separately by dipping them into boiling water.
- They put the cans to dry on a clean towel, turning them upside down.
Advice! For canning eggplants in Tatar style, it is better to use metal lids. Compared to plastic, they are more airtight and allow you to keep the snack longer.
The shelf life of a blank with polyethylene lids is no more than 3 months.
How to cook Tatar eggplants for the winter
Many housewives prefer Tatar eggplants, cooked according to the classic recipe, in tomato sauce. But there are some other good canning methods: quick and without sterilization. Such quick recipes are also popular. With their help, in a small amount of time, you can stock up on delicious preparations from the available ingredients.
Tatar eggplants for the winter in tomato sauce
This Tatar appetizer recipe is loved in many families. The salad turns out to be spicy and aromatic and goes well with potato dishes and meat products.
To prepare it you need:
- 2 kg eggplant;
- 3 liters of tomato paste, diluted with water, or made from tomatoes or juice purchased at a store;
- 4 heads of garlic;
- 10 medium sweet peppers;
- 2 chili peppers
- 1 cup vinegar or 2 tbsp. l. essences;
- 2 cups vegetable oil;
- 1 cup of sugar;
- 2 tbsp. salt.
From the specified amount of ingredients, about 6 liters of snack comes out
- Pour tomato juice into a cooking container. Add sugar and salt, vinegar and oil.
- Put on fire and boil.
- Peel the garlic cloves and hot peppers and mince them, or grind them with a blender. Bitter pepper, if desired, is replaced with ground dry or crushed independently bitter dried.
- Add the garlic-pepper mixture to the boiling juice.
- Cut sweet peppers into small strips.
- Peel and cut the eggplants into thin half rings (young specimens can be rings).
- Dip the vegetables in a bowl with a spicy tomato mixture. Leave to cook for another 30-35 minutes.
- Transfer the hot workpiece to a container that has been sterilized in advance, and seal it.
Advice! Instead of tomato juice, many housewives take minced tomatoes or dilute tomato paste with water. The mixture is thicker than the juice.
You can make part of the sauce from fresh tomatoes, and replace the remaining amount with juice or pasta.
Quick eggplants for the winter in Tatar style
The recipe for an instant Tatar salad is one of the simplest. The whole process, from preparing vegetables to rolling the snack into jars, usually takes no more than 2 hours.
For Tatar eggplants you need:
- 2 kg eggplant;
- 3 kg of tomatoes (it is better to choose varieties with fleshy pulp);
- 12 sweet bell peppers;
- 2 hot green peppers;
- 2 tbsp. vinegar essence;
- ½ cup vegetable oil;
- 1 cup granulated sugar;
- 2 tbsp. table salt.
The appetizer looks prettier and more appetizing if bell peppers of different colors are used during cooking
How to cook:
- Cut the clean, stalkless tomatoes into medium-sized cubes.
- Take an enamel pan, pour a little water on the bottom. This is necessary so that the vegetables do not burn during cooking.
- Put the tomatoes in a saucepan, put on low heat and cook for about 10 minutes after boiling.
- When the vegetables have cooled, pass them through a fine sieve.
- Grind hot peppers in a meat grinder.
- Add oil and vinegar to it, pour in the tomato mass. Boil again.
- Cut the prepared eggplants into small pieces, sweet peppers into strips.
- While boiling, pour them into the tomato-pepper mixture. Leave on the stove for half an hour.
- Without allowing the vegetable mass to cool, transfer it to sterilized glass jars. Roll up.
- Put the container upside down with lids in a cool place. The cooled snack can also be served immediately after preparation.
Tatar eggplants for the winter without sterilization
The recipe for a Tatar snack can be implemented very quickly and as simply as possible, if you do without sterilization. The salad turns out to be no less tasty.
It is prepared from the following products:
- 3 kg of tomatoes;
- 2 kg eggplant;
- 5 cloves of garlic;
- 2 chili;
- 12 bell peppers;
- 200 g sugar;
- 400 ml of vegetable oil (it is better to give preference to odorless oil);
- 2 tbsp. vinegar;
- 50 g of salt.
Tatar appetizer can be served with any meat dishes
- Scroll the tomatoes in a meat grinder and salt.
- Pour into a saucepan, add sugar, pour in vinegar, vegetable oil.
- Boil the tomato mass.
- Chop all types of peppers and garlic, add to the tomatoes.
- Cut the eggplants into cubes. After the tomato mass begins to boil, pour them into the pan.
- Leave on low heat, cook for 40 minutes.
- Arrange the Tatar salad in a sterilized container. Cork tightly.
Advice! Some housewives prefer to fry the main ingredients before adding them to tomato puree. To prevent them from becoming too greasy during frying by absorbing the oil, use a non-stick frying pan or bake vegetables in the oven.
Terms and methods of storage
The shelf life of Tatar eggplants depends on whether preservatives were used in their preparation, for example, citric acid or vinegar:
- in the presence of preservatives, the snack is usable for 1.5 years if placed in a basement or refrigerator;
- if the recipe for a Tatar snack does not contain preservatives, then the storage period is reduced to 2-3 months.
It is not recommended to send blanks that are made in a quick way for long-term storage. It is best to consume them within 2-3 weeks.
If, when preserving, the container is sealed with plastic lids, then it can only be kept in the refrigerator. The shelf life of its contents in this case will be about 3 months. If you use more sealed metal lids, then the workpieces can be sent to a dark, cool place for 1.5 years.
Tatar eggplants for the winter are a great option to make the daily diet more varied both in winter and in summer. The salad has a spicy taste, and you can add spice to it based on your own preferences. Canned vegetables go especially well with meat dishes.