We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Repaired raspberries are a special group, berries can form on the shoots of the first and second years of life. European gardeners have been cultivating such raspberries for more than two hundred years. In Russia, plants can be considered garden beginners. Breeders pay great attention to remontant raspberries; many new varieties have been bred.
Raspberry Brilliant is of domestic origin, its author is the experimental gardener Kazakov I.V. from Bryansk. The variety immediately became popular. Russians would like to have this amazing raspberry variety Brilliantovaya in their gardens, but there is not much information. We will try to tell you about the features of raspberries, cultivation and care agrotechnology, so that such a berry as in the photo will please with a rich harvest.
The story about Raspberry Diamond would be incomplete without a description:
- This is a remontant variety, fruiting differs from ordinary plants. Variety Brilliantovaya bears fruit on one-year and two-year shoots. Raspberries can be harvested from the end of July until the first frost.
- A raspberry variety with straight shoots, reaches a height of one and a half meters. The shoots of the first year are reddish with a barely noticeable waxy bloom. There are thorns on raspberries, but they are small.
- The greens are bright green, along the edges of the leaves are slightly curled and have sharp teeth.
- The berries of the remontant raspberry variety Brilliant, as noted in the reviews, are shiny, red with a purple tint, similar to a precious ruby. If we talk about the size of the fruits, then they are average, about 4 grams. Look at the photo, here they are, diamonds in the palm of your hand!
Important! Berries of varietal raspberries with a delicate aroma, juicy pulp, but despite this, do not soften, gardeners write about this in reviews.
Pros and cons of the variety
Raspberries of the Brilliant variety have a lot of advantages, although the disadvantages also cannot be silent. Everything is noted in the table:
|Excellent appearance and taste.||Planting raspberries in the shade nullifies all the efforts of gardeners, due to a decrease in yield.|
|Long duration of the yield of the crop.||Tying up shoots is indispensable. A bountiful harvest bends the shoots to the ground.|
|Can easily survive short-term drying out of the soil, high temperatures||It gives few offspring, which makes reproduction difficult.|
|From one bush, you can collect from 2.5 to 4 kg of berries.|
How to plant raspberries
Choosing the time
If you want to propagate remontant raspberries of the Brilliantovaya variety, you can do this in spring and autumn. When planting in autumn, they are guided by warm weather in September or early October. In autumn, as well as at the beginning of summer, in contrast to spring reproduction, seedlings with a closed root system are used. In this case, raspberries take root faster. Summer and spring plantings will delight you with delicious ruby berries.
Raspberry variety Brilliant, judging by the description, is picky about lighting.
Advice! The site should be open, but protected from cold winds from the north.
It is good if there is space between buildings or along the fence on the south side. Look at the photo of how abundantly the remontant variety Brilliantovaya bears fruit in the open.
Warning! The shade for planting varieties Brilliant is destructive, plants slow down growth, flower stalks are not formed.
Particular attention should be paid to the depth of groundwater: no more than one and a half meters. Although diamond raspberry is a moisture-loving plant, according to gardeners, excess water leads to root rot. Therefore, low places for planting remontant raspberries are not suitable, as well as too high ones.
Preparing the site
Advice! The preparation of the landing site is done in a month, regardless of the season.
They dig up the soil on the bayonet of the shovel, remove the roots of the weeds. A pit for a seedling of a repairing raspberry variety Brilliant should be 40x50 cm.It will be convenient to place the root system in it. Humus or compost, superphosphate and potash fertilizers are poured into the bottom of the pit. The whole composition is well mixed, filled with water.
Features of the choice of planting material
To grow a good shrub of the Brilliantovaya variety, you need to stock up on the appropriate planting material. It is advisable to purchase seedlings in specialized stores or nurseries. Outside material can be very disappointing.
What are the criteria for seedlings:
- the raspberry shoot of the Brilliantovaya variety should be thicker than 1 centimeter, it should not be damaged or show signs of disease;
- the root system is well developed, the length is 15 cm and more;
- the seedling should have up to two healthy shoots with buds.
The root system of the planting material of varietal raspberries can be open or closed.
What planting material for the propagation of raspberries relative to the root system to use is up to each gardener independently.
Sometimes, for various reasons, it is impossible to prepare the soil in advance for planting Diamond raspberries. It can be fixed. We fertilize the soil just before planting.
And now about the landing rules:
- If the root system of diamond raspberry seedlings is open, examine it. All brown roots are removed, as well as damaged ones. A chatterbox is prepared in advance from clay and mullein, the roots are dipped in it.
- A seedling is placed in the pit straight, straightening the roots. If the root system of raspberries is closed, then this stage is skipped, as well as dipping in a chatterbox.
- Top up with fertile soil, make a hole for watering. The surface around the seedling must be trampled down.
- Sprinkle with mulch after watering. It will retain moisture and provide additional nutrition.
Advice! When planting several raspberry seedlings, the distance between neighboring plants must be observed up to 60 cm.
If raspberries of the Brilliantovaya variety are planted in several rows, then the aisles, according to the description, take up to 1.5-2 meters.
By July, you will have such a garden as in the photo.
Secrets of agricultural technology
Raspberry Brilliant, as mentioned in the description of the variety, requires special care, in particular, it must be constantly fed.
Consider the fertilization scheme:
- In March, plantings are fed for the first time. Urea (20 grams) is dissolved in a bucket of water and poured over one square meter.
- When flower stalks form and flowers begin to bloom, a second replenishment of Brilliant raspberries is required. It will require potassium sulfate (2 tablespoons), potassium sulfate (3 tablespoons). They are dissolved in ten liters of water. The watering rate is the same.
- For the third time, the plants are fed when the crop is harvested. After all, diamond raspberries need to gain strength for wintering. A spoonful of potassium sulfate and two boats of double superphosphate are added to a bucket of water.
Raspberries respond well to feeding with mullein (1:10) and chicken droppings (1: 5). It is necessary to dilute in accordance with the indicated proportions. Such feeding of raspberries is carried out every month separately from feeding with fertilizers.
Raspberries of the Brilliantovaya variety are demanding for watering, although they tolerate short-term dryness of the soil. It should be borne in mind that in such a situation, during ripening, the sugar content in the berry decreases. Excess vagi makes the fruit watery. In short, you need to find a middle ground when watering.
When to water raspberries:
- in the beginning of May;
- when shoots begin to form;
- twice in June and July;
- at the beginning of August;
- before sheltering for the winter.
Up to one and a half buckets of water are poured onto one plant. Raspberries respond well to artificial rain (photo below), but such a procedure is performed either before sunrise or in the evening.
Warning! If it rains, then watering the Diamond raspberry should be stopped so as not to saturate the soil with moisture.
How to trim raspberries
The repairing raspberry of the Brilliantovaya variety, with constant pruning, increases the yield. But there are laws here, because fruiting occurs both on one-year and two-year shoots.
Let's take a closer look at this issue:
- If you grow raspberries on first-year shoots, then in the fall you need to cut out all the shoots to the base, without hemp. As gardeners say, the plantation is "mowed". When young shoots appear in the spring, the garden is thinned out, the excess is removed. To obtain a harvest, 5-6 well-developed healthy shoots from one root are enough.
- If the raspberry grows from the shoots of the first and second years, then the shoots that have grown over the summer are left to winter. You need to cut out damaged branches for the winter. In the spring, they carry out an audit, cut out shoots that have not endured the winter, and then thin out the young shoots. Admire these beauties in the photo.
Attention! Some gardeners with extensive experience in growing raspberries make separate beds. On one of them, only "first-years" are grown, on the other "repeat-years".
Do I need to tie
Some varieties of remontant raspberries are not tied up, since there is no need for this. But for Diamond, this does not apply. If you do not carry out the necessary work, you can lose most of the crop. The fact is that due to the abundance of berries, erect shoots of raspberries cannot withstand the weight and bend to the ground.
It is best to use a double trellis for tying. Pillars are installed, three rows of wire or strong, non-stretching twine are pulled between them. Each shoot is tied in three places. The repairing raspberry variety Brilliantovaya not only increases the yield, but also maintains the integrity of the shoots during winds and downpours, the air circulates freely. In addition, the berries will not end up on the ground, and spores of fungal diseases will not fall on them.
If you live in regions with a mild climate, abundant snow, then you will not need a special shelter for the Diamond remontant raspberry. But for the Urals, Siberia, one cannot do without shelter.
As we said in the description, the remontant raspberry variety Brilliantovaya bears fruit on one-year and two-year shoots. Depending on which option you like more, the plantations will be prepared for winter.
If you need shoots of Diamond Raspberry for next year, after fruiting, they are bent to the ground until frost hits.
Warning! Even from a slight frost, the shoots become fragile; when bent, they break at the base.
Raspberry shoots Brillianttova are tied in bunches (photo), covered with non-woven material and covered with dry earth or sawdust. So that in winter the shelter does not blow off before the snow falls, boards are placed on top.
Ridges with carved raspberries are covered in the same way.
Diseases and pests
The repairing raspberry variety Brilliant is resistant to many diseases. But with improper care, if the gardener makes mistakes in the cultivation technique, under unfavorable conditions the plant is still susceptible to some diseases. You can bring fungal diseases along with the planting material.
What diseases (see photo) the varietal Diamond Raspberry can suffer from:
Among the pests (photo below) on remontant raspberries of the Diamond variety, the most common are:
Methods for the prevention and control of diseases and pests of raspberries of the Brilliantovaya variety are traditional, exactly the same as for all other varieties of this plant species.
The berries are harvested from late July until the first frost. As a rule, remontant raspberries do not last long in the refrigerator. A diamond can be kept for up to 4 days.
Most often, jam, jam, compote are prepared from berries. It keeps well frozen in the refrigerator. You will take out a jar of Diamond raspberries - as if summer has come!
Svetlana, 34 years old, Saransk
We have been growing remontant raspberries, the Brilliantovaya variety, for several years. The berries are large, we collect from July to September. We noticed that the taste changes depending on the weather. In sunny weather, raspberries are sweeter, in rain - with sourness. The harvest is always huge. Even under frost, the bushes leave with red berries. Only positive feedback.
Alexander, 28 years old, town. Taishet, Irkutsk region
The raspberry berry is good for everyone. While hanging, it does not crumble. But during collection it will overripe a little, the berry crumbles into small particles. But all the same, I'm not going to refuse. It is impossible to drive my children out of the raspberry tree. There are many varieties, but they strive to get to the Diamond.
Maria, 50 years old, Vladivostok
We bought one sapling of the remontant Brilliantova raspberry in a container and planted it on the site last summer. Three shoots have grown. They stretched up to 150 cm. At first they decided not to tie up. But when a large number of long peduncles appeared, they realized their mistake. They tied it up, but damaged some of the bushes. Despite this, the remontant raspberry of the Brilliantovaya variety presented its first berries. I will never refuse.