We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Black orchid, as well as blue and purple are no longer fantasy. Such varieties have already been bred and are on sale. Black orchid is a beautiful plant, the flowers of which are characterized by the presence of an amazing vanilla smell. These unusual plants attract gardeners.
Of course, most experienced florists know that plants with black in nature do not exist. This feature is due to the lack of the necessary pigment genes in the culture. What are varieties with flowers of dark shades?
These types of flowers have the closest colors to black. Currently, they are among the most expensive and desired indoor flowers, which are characterized by grace and nobility.
Many are used to the fact that indoor orchids should be white or light. More familiar are white, red, blue, orange, purple, but not black at all. Nature does not provide such a pigment, and such a feature did not escape the attention of breeders. Scientists of many countries of the world painstakingly deduce the necessary varieties. As a result of such selection work, it was possible to obtain a unique flower - a black orchid. This plant is native to California.
Black Orchid Varieties
Shades of supposedly black flowers are only close to black. As a rule, the plant is simply too dark in color. Among the most popular varieties, the following are especially interesting:
- the variety closest to black"Maxillaria schunkeana";
- close to black, deep burgundy shade grade"Fredclarkeara After Dark Black Pearl";
- popular variety in our country"Dracula roezlii";
- interesting and attractive variety for indoor cultivation"Paphiopedilum Pisgah Midnight";
- common in some countries "Paphiopedilum de Nachtwacht";
- beautiful and spectacular Orchid variety "Black Prince" or "Phalaenopsis Black Butterfly".
In addition, the Phalaenopsis orchid of the Tiger variety is becoming popular in our country. Many confuse this plant with "Phalaenopsis Schiller", which is distinguished not only by spectacular flowers called "Tiger Orchid"but also very decorative leaves. Find in the stores of our country "Phalaenopsis" varieties "Tiger" - for amateur gardeners a lot of luck.
Orchid Care Secrets
Black spots on orchid leaves
Improper care of the plant significantly weakens the immune system of indoor flowers and makes them more vulnerable to various diseases. Many gardeners are worried about what to do if black spots and dots on leaves suddenly form on an orchid that is grown at home.
As a rule, the appearance of:
- on the leaves of black sunken spots with a yellow rim;
- on leaves of yellow round spots that tend to grow and resemble drops from droplets;
- on the trunk of the plant in the region of the basal neck of dark spots;
- at the growth point of Phalaenopsis, as well as on young leaves growing from the middle of the outlet, wet spots.
To do any manipulation should only be after assessing the condition of the plant. An algorithm that allows you to understand what to do if dark dots or spots are found on the leaves:
- isolate the plant from other indoor flowers;
- fix the size of the spot or dots with the camera;
- Do not spray the orchid and analyze the irrigation regime, and if necessary, use a reduction in irrigation measures;
- in the absence of weeping, the dynamics of the disease should be monitored;
- during growth, the spot should be cut to live, green tissues, followed by drying of the slice and treatment with activated carbon;
- treat the orchid with a broad-spectrum drug called Fitosporin;
- tools and items for plant care must be carefully treated with special disinfectants.
In addition, the diseased plant should be kept in quarantine for at least a month.
You may also be interested in an article on blue orchids.
Black spots on orchid flowers
Sometimes flower growers encounter such an unpleasant problem as the appearance of black dots and spots on the flowers of a room orchid. There are several reasons why dots may appear on flowers:
- points appeared as a result of mechanical damage to indoor flowers;
- the appearance of dots was the result of moisture from sloppy watering;
- dots indicate fungal lesions of a houseplant.
The main activities aimed at ridding the plant of such manifestations are as follows:
- isolate the orchid and fix the size, as well as the number of spots on the flowers;
- check compliance with irrigation and ventilation;
- the first three days to observe the development if the spots and dots on the flowers are dry;
- with the tendency of the points to grow and increase in size, try to remove them with a sterile tool, and treat the damage sites with a fungicide;
- analyze the state of the root system of the plant through the transparent walls of the flower pot, and, if necessary, transplant the plant and destroy the old substrate.
The average duration of quarantine measures to isolate and treat a plant should not be less than a month.
Is there a black orchid
Florists should remember that the development of the disease can be triggered by an improper irrigation regime, excessive enthusiasm for spraying or high humidity, lack of air ventilation, low light or improper air temperatures, and overfeeding of fertilizers. In order for the plant to be strong and healthy, one should observe orchid watering regimes and monitor the quality of the planting substrate. In addition, it is required to carry out airing and adjust the feeding conditions.