We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Watering and feeding are an integral part of the cultivation of any plants. Using a drip system, these processes can be carried out quite easily and efficiently.
The main advantages of using such an irrigation system are manifested:
- increased productivity, as well as productivity of all plants grown;
- ideal distribution of water combined with significant efficiency;
- the ability to complement the automated irrigation process control system;
- reduced leaching of planting soil;
- resistance to any weather and climatic influences;
- the possibility of making a metered amount of local fertilizer;
- improving the quality, as well as the external indicators of crops;
- the ability to irrigate significant planting areas with a relatively low water pressure in the system;
- ease of management and maintenance, as well as installation work;
- cost reduction for final agricultural products.
Such a system is very convenient to use, and in addition, it is easy to install with your own hands.
Characteristic and purpose
Currently, there is a significant amount of a variety of irrigation drip systems on sale that allow you to arrange automatic high-quality watering of the ridges with your own hands as soon as possible.
If traditional methods of plant irrigation have a number of disadvantages, the main of which are the unevenness of providing cultivated plants with irrigation water, as well as the complexity of doing this process with their own hands, then drip irrigation is devoid of such disadvantages.
The main purpose of this method of irrigation is that there is a supply of irrigation water directly to the root system of plants. At the same time, watering is characterized by dosage and high-quality maintenance of optimum moisture in the soil. Moisture during such irrigation does not fall on the leaves, which largely protects the cultivated plants from thermal, sunburn.
Watering drip device consists of several elements:
- dropper for irrigation, which is the main part of the irrigation system;
- splitters or "spiders", each of which is attached a fitting;
- a rack for installing the system with your own hands on the site and attaching the ends of the plastic tubes;
- a distribution type pipe connecting to the pipeline;
- filter system;
- start connectors connected to the distribution pipe;
- connecting and fastening elements for assembling the system with your own hands.
We also recommend that you familiarize yourself with the material in which we talk about the characteristics and advantages of irrigation systems for greenhouses.
Drop watering in a greenhouse
Types of droppers
The most commonly used drip irrigation systems are the following types of droppers:
- compensated dropper for irrigation of collapsible type;
- collapsible dropper for irrigation irrigation with an adjustable type of water supply;
- uncompensated collapsible dropper for irrigation;
- uncompensated collapsible dropper for irrigation irrigation type flag;
- dropper-spoke for irrigation L-shaped with the presence of an adapter and a tube for micro-irrigation;
- direct dropper-spoke for irrigation under microtubes for microwashing.
Rules for installation and operation
It’s easy to install a drip irrigation system with your own hands. The whole process of work consists in sequentially performing the following actions:
- connection with special hose fittings to the main pipeline;
- installation of the filter in the supply hose in accordance with the arrows indicating the direction of water movement;
- installation of connectors included with the filter system;
- drawing by means of a marker on the main pipeline marks where the dropper will be attached for irrigation;
- drilling holes in accordance with the marks made;
- insertion into the holes made on the main pipeline of special rubber seals;
- insertion of start connectors with taps into rubber seals;
- for fastening start-connectors, simple tightening of nuts is used;
- fixing the drip tape on the start connectors by simple installation with little effort followed by tightening the nut;
- the institution of self-assembled drip tape at the end of the ridge with the installation of a plug.
If necessary, a self-assembled drip tape can be equipped with splitters. To this end, drip tape is trimmed with the subsequent installation of a standard corner or tee. The opposite end of the pipeline is equipped with a special plug.
DIY installation of a medical dropper system
You can arrange drip irrigation with your own hands with the help of a simple device in the form of medical droppers. Such an effective and affordable dropper for drip irrigation is mounted on your own using the following scheme:
- cutting plastic pipes into segments whose length is equal to the length of the beds;
- making holes in chopped pipes with a screwdriver with a distance of fifty centimeters;
- in the ridges of the entire garden or greenhouse, the drip irrigation system is bred using various connecting elements;
- ordinary wooden blocks can be used as plugs;
- drip for irrigation irrigation is made from standard medical disposable droppers.
The plastic tips of medical droppers should be inserted as tightly as possible into the plastic pipes bred along the ridges. Using the wheel of such a disposable dropper, you can smoothly change the volume of the entire water supplied for irrigation.
Such a system is very convenient and allows automatic watering to be carried out quite easily, even if it is necessary to have a long absence in a country or personal plot. In addition, such a system can be successfully used to perform systematic dressing of plants with liquid fertilizers.
The only minus of such a system is represented by the need to dismantle equipment located on the open ground for the winter period, due to the instability of plastic medical droppers to low temperature conditions.
You may also be interested in an article about the main benefits of drip irrigation.
Tips & Tricks
When purchasing and installing the finished drip irrigation system yourself, you should pay attention to the presence of start connectors with taps in the kit. Their presence is required for the smooth disconnection of certain beds from the automatic irrigation system. If necessary, such cranes can be purchased separately.
It should be borne in mind that despite the fact that high-quality and modern drip irrigation systems are quite inexpensive, independent production can significantly save the budget without losing quality.
DIY drip irrigation
Most often, cranes need to be installed on ridges with cultivated plants that do not need constant watering. As a rule, experienced gardeners supply individual ridges to all ridges. This feature allows you to save the possibility of local watering, and in addition, to provide an individual principle of fertilizing all plants grown in the garden.