We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
To create a pond for an Alpine slide with your own hands, you need to choose a suitable place and choose the design you like. In this article, we will tell you how to make the right choice and realize a conceived idea in this article.
Alpine slide with a pond in the garden, in the country - a great place where you can relax, accumulate the positive energy necessary for the high pace of modern life. To create such a composition does not need vast territories, expensive materials. To make a pond for an alpine slide with your own hands, it does not require special knowledge and a lot of time. It will take several days, and then you can sit at the water any free minute, enjoying the beautiful views of this corner of nature created by man.
The right choice of place is the beginning of work to create a man-made masterpiece.
When creating a landscape composition, you need to take into account the features of the correct combination of its elements:
- An alpine hill is placed on a well-lit place, representatives of the flora growing on it prefer light. At the same time, water in a pond located in the sun quickly blooms. Therefore, it is better to arrange the composition so as to illuminate it in the morning and evening, avoiding the bright daylight;
- The pond should not be placed very close to trees and shrubs so that the fallen leaves do not clog it and the roots do not damage the bottom;
- On a hilly territory, it is better to have a rock garden higher, and a pond at the lowest place where water accumulates;
- The best place is sheltered from the wind. The pond here will not be clogged with dust, and it will be more pleasant to rest;
- Given that the goal of creating a landscape is the best rest, the most successful place will be where the picturesque view of the surroundings opens.
Types of design
A pond for an alpine hill can have a variety of landscape solutions. It can be decorated with a bridge with a decorative water mill, small grottoes. If you plan to place fish there, then its depth should be at least 2 meters. In other cases, you can limit yourself to a meter deep.
An artificial waterfall with several levels of the cascade looks good. A good combination would be a pond with a fountain.
Around you can place unusual figures made of stone, cement, ceramic jugs and other various details to your taste.
There are two types of water bodies:
- the correct form;
- irregular shape.
The first type includes diamond-shaped, rectangular, round or others. They have a strict look, corresponding to buildings, garden paths and design elements of the corresponding form created earlier. The second type of ponds is decorative, has a variety of forms, depending on the imagination of the creators.
According to the water level, the ponds can be raised or deepened. The raised reservoirs are strict, regular in shape with a shallow depth. To create them, earthwork is not required. They usually freeze, so they do not breed fish and plant only annual plants.
Creating buried ponds requires more time, materials, laborious, but has unlimited possibilities and an infinite number of options. For them, either ready-made forms of various configurations and sizes are used, or they are created using a special pond film.
In addition, there are landscape or design types of ponds. The first species is as close as possible to a natural pond in species and vegetation. Design provides for bizarre forms, brighter vegetation or exotic plants.
There are various forms for a pond made of special plastic, polyethylene or rubber. The service life of such forms is usually up to 10 years. They are resistant to ultraviolet radiation, relatively cheap. There are also fiberglass molds with a service life of about 30 years. They are much more expensive, but they are distinguished by good resistance to environmental influences; some of their parts can be repaired.
The installation technology of such forms is as follows:
- the form is set in the chosen place, its outlines are marked on the ground. Make a pothole 10-20 cm deeper and wider than the marked size of the form;
- the bottom of the ditch is filled with a 10 cm layer of sand. In order to avoid subsidence of the bottom, before filling the sand, it is covered with geotextiles;
- the form is placed on this layer, the level of control of the correct installation. Then fill the container with water for a third to check;
- voids on the sides of the mold are covered with wet sand, the pool is completely filled with water. So that its contours do not deform, the liquid is poured simultaneously with backfill, periodically checking how horizontal the level is. So that voids do not form when sand sags, it is constantly moistened;
- The last step is the design of the edges and planting. For this, flat stones and coconut mats are used, which are fixed with stones from above, and the lower edge is sent to the pond. Aquatic plants can be planted in the pockets of this coating, masking with them the walls of the reservoir. Hanging plants are planted at its edges. You can also use large stones, driftwood and others.
Alpine hill pond
Pond manufacturing technology
The most common way to install a pond is to use a special pond film.
The sequence of actions of this work is as follows:
- Marking the contours of the pond with sand or rope;
- Digging a pit with a depth of slightly more than the estimated depth of the pond;
- Marking the zones of the pond: coastal; shallow; deep.
- Part of the dug land is set aside to create a difference in height in the channel of the stream;
- The size of the film is determined using cords, arranging them along the length and width and adding half a meter on each side;
- Creation of a coastal strip. A ditch is dug around the pond, geotextiles and film are placed on the edge, tucking them. Deepening is covered with rubble;
- Strengthening the edging of the pond with stone, gravel or pipes. If the earth is rocky, then to protect the film the bottom is covered with a layer of sand;
- On the edges is a flooring resembling a stone in color;
- Hoses and a pump cable hide in folds of a film;
- The film for the creek is glued with special glue with a film for the pond;
- The protruding ends of the coating are wrapped in a crease 10 cm wide, creating a capillary barrier to prevent soil from entering the reservoir;
- Plants are planted in the deep part of the pond. They are preliminarily placed in special containers filled with a substrate. They install a pump, decorate the bottom with stones. They are not placed in the suction zone so as not to reduce the suction power;
- The bottom is covered with gravel, fill the deep part with tap water;
- Plants are planted in the shallow part of the reservoir in special containers;
- To strengthen the slopes of steep shores, bags with crushed stone, fixed on the shore with stones, are recommended;
- Greening the coastal strip of the reservoir with the help of coconut mats, crushed along the edges of the pond with stones;
- The stream channel and the coastal zone are covered with rubble. The edge is laid out with natural stones;
- At the edge of the stream provide a smooth rise;
- Install a flow filter for water purification. The mesh and filter sponges are regularly cleaned;
- Lamps to illuminate the pond are placed in the corners, the wires are placed in a moisture-proof box in parallel. Lay it on linoleum, then fill it with sand;
- The coastal strip is decorated with gravel, pebbles. To add, you must have a stock of at least two buckets;
- Moss is planted, flowers near the alpine hill.
A special decoration of the pond is the cascade of the waterfall. A water drop is created using a pump. The power of the pump is dictated by the height of the waterfall. It is better to use a pump that allows you to adjust the power of the jet. Water is supplied to the top with a hose.
The pump is installed at the bottom, the design is masked by stones.
How to make a pond for a summer residence
DIY pond from the bathtub
An old bathtub will also serve as the basis for a mini-pond. First, a pit digs, the bottom is covered with sand with a layer of 10 cm. Then a cement screed 3-5 cm thick is made to prevent erosion of the bottom by groundwater. After the cement has dried, gravel 20-30 cm high is poured. The bath sinks into place.
A 10 cm layer of gravel is laid between it and the ground. The body of water is pebbled along the contour. The bath on one side is strengthened by large stones resembling an alpine hill.
Similar mini-ponds with a small alpine slide of large stones can be made on minimal areas from barrels or other large containers. You can even combine two barrels installed at different levels, creating a small waterfall.
Options for such reservoirs may be many. The main thing is to release water from them for the winter in order to avoid freezing, thereby increasing the life of the complex.
A pond created by yourself, next to the rock garden, will give unique beauty and originality to your summer cottage, garden.
When creating it, you need to remember the following principles:
- Choose a place for a reservoir not near trees and bushes, it is good if it is lit by the morning and evening sun for no more than six hours a day;
- When installing the pool using a special form, it is important to observe the horizontal level. In order to avoid subsidence of the bottom, a special fabric is laid before filling the base. So that the form does not deform at the same time, it is filled with water in parallel with the strengthening of wet sand;
- In the manufacture of a reservoir intended for breeding fish, observe a depth of at least 2 meters. Water should be running, waterfalls, fountains or the connection of the pond with a man-made stream helps in this. Water is passed through a filter. For fish make a wintering pit;
- The use of natural materials: stones, nets made of environmental materials - not only decorates the pond, but also creates an atmosphere close to natural for plants and fish living in it, which allows them to take root safely.
Making a pond with your own hands is simple, relatively inexpensive, not very long, and the pleasure that brings rest in this landscape complex cannot be compared with anything!
Pond for the alpine hill (20 photos)